Monday, September 7, 2009

From Little Things...

Greetings, my public!

Last week I received a letter from a Mrs Trellis of North Wales, suggesting that I might like to put my occasional thoughts out to the world on this new and exciting medium called a 'blog', which apparently is quite cutting edge and may soon prove very popular. This was indicative of the many thousands of letters I receive every week...from Mrs Trellis.

But seriously folks, this is not just an excercise in stealing old jokes (RIP Humphrey Lyttleton). With that in mind, I'd like to welcome all readers to my new blog, The Starry Crown. Anyone who can tell me where the name comes from will win the prize of Eternal Glory...or possibly a pair of socks. This blog is certified HeartSmart and lo-GI. Able to be taken with water, but please refrain from driving for 30mins subsequent.

This will be a place where I can ramble on subjects theological, political, sociological, psychological, gastronomical, ethnomusicological, ad nauseum. Those looking for consistently serious, cutting-edge theological discussion will not find it here. Blogs such as that do exist, several written by Moore College faculty, to which I am happy to direct you if that is your bag. The authors are not likely to be any saner than I am, but many of them have a thing called a 'PhD', which is a slip of paper that allows the bearer to cloak nonsensical and incoherent ramblings with a modicum of academic gravitas. I reject this reality and substitute my own, for so long as it may prove financially advantageous to do so. Some days I may wrestle with important theological and exegetical issues. Other days I might consider social justice and moral issues, the role of Government, upcoming elections, historical trivia, the state of the Anglican Communion, and so forth. Or you might be treated to a CD review, a recipe, a cute pet story (for instance, this morning at 5:30am my cat threw up on the bedroom floor), a joke (What do cows do on the weekend? They moo the lawn!), blah blah blah.

Anyhoo, such is a start. The media sensation this first post will cause will probably be tremendous, and I will have to spend the best part of the day fighting off the scum of the Fourth Estate who shall want to crown me The Voice Of His Generation, demanding that I endorse a new carbonated sugar beverage and appear at a new book opening or restaurant signing. I shall tell them that I am an artist, an Ar-teeeeeeeest! I shall tell them that I cannot be bought, that I have Integrity and a Following who Believes In Me...so they can double their offer or go home!!! Ooooh, all that lovely money.......

Currently Reading: 'Junky' by William Burroughs
Currently Hearing: 'Lydia The Tattooed Lady' by Groucho Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment