Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Heavenly Age?

What age would you be if you could choose? Many people as they get older wish they could revisit the glory days of youth when aches and pains and injuries were non-existent. I must admit that as I have reached the age when sitting on the floor produces twinges in the joints I have some sympathy for this position.

However, I have come to the conclusion that if I could be any age I would fix myself at 60. The reason for this is that when you are 60 everything that you do is a plus in the eyes of others. Want to retire? Why not? After all, you're 60 and deserve a good rest. Want to keep working? Go ahead! You're 60 and at your most wise and respected, its a time when you can really get things done. Taking up a new sport/hobby? Isn't it amazing how these 60-somethings can still take life by the scruff of the neck. Want to doze in an armchair? That's the sort of thing that 60 year olds do.

You see? At 60 you are not helpless but powerful! Everyone cuts you slack (except perhaps your life partner!) and you can do whatever you want. Let's hear it for the 60-somethings! I can't wait to join you...

Currently reading: Aristotle, "The Politics"
Currently watching: The Muppet Show series 3
Currently listening to: Mumford & Sons, "Sigh No More" (review coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment